PSC Filing Requirements
Filings must be submitted to the PSC according to the following requirements
For non-confidential filings, email the filing to email@example.com.
For filings containing confidential and/or non-confidential information:
- E-mail non-confidential information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload confidential filings to the SFTP server (to request access to the SFTP server, please fill out the Form to Request Access to SFTP Server).
A filer that does not have access to e-mail and/or the SFTP server may file by paper or by disc if:
- the filing is accompanied by a motion to deviate from the electronic filing rule; and
- if submitted on paper, the filing is typed in a font of at least 12 points and double-spaced on 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper.
Each document filed electronically must:
- be presented as a functional and searchable spreadsheet document, portable document file (PDF), or other electronic word processing document, as applicable;
- be type-written in 12-point font, double spaced, and in a format that, if printed, would require 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper;
- be identified by an electronic file name that includes the following information, which may be abbreviated, in the following order:
- docket number (if unknown, contact the PSC to obtain);
- Company name;
- identification of the type of document (for example, “Application,” “Confidential Rebuttal Testimony,” “Exhibit A,” “Motion for Summary Judgment,” etc.);
- date the document was filed with the PSC; and
- last name of the person providing the content of the filing.
Examples of How to Name Electronic Files:
Example 1. Docket No. 17-000-01, Application of Smith Gas and Electric (SGE) for Rate Increase
Type of File Name of File Application 17-000-01 SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf Testimony 17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Doe 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Exhibit 17-000-01 SGE Exhibit A-Doe Testimony-Financial Model 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
17-000-01 SGE Exhibit 1.2-Day Testimony-Curriculum Vitae 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
Example 2. Docket No. 17-000-02, Reply of Smith Gas and Electric (SGE)
Type of File Name of File Comments 17-000-02 SGE Reply Comments 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf Exhibit 17-000-02 SGE Exhibit A-Financial Charts and Graphs 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Larry Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Example 3. Confidential Documents v. Redacted (if a filing contains both confidential and redacted versions of the same document)
Type of File Name of File Application 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Testimony 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Direct Testimony of Doe 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Exhibit 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Exhibit A-Doe Testimony-Financial Model 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Exhibit 1.2-Day Testimony-Curriculum Vitae 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
Every filing, whether electronic or physical, must:
- be signed by an individual who has read the filing and believes that it is supported in fact and in law; and
- include a certificate of service:
- stating that a true and correct copy of the filing was served upon each of the parties;
- identifying the method of service (e-mail, mail, etc.); and
- identifying the date of service.
A filing that does not comply with these requirements will be rejected by the PSC, and if re-filed, may be deemed untimely.
*Filers should email the “Request Access to SFTP Server” form to email@example.com to establish access to the SFTP server. Requests to access the PSC’s SFTP server take approximately 2 weeks to process.