PSC Filing Requirements
Filings must be submitted to the PSC according to the following requirements
For non-confidential filings, email the filing to email@example.com.
For filings containing confidential and/or non-confidential information:
- E-mail non-confidential information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload confidential filings to the SFTP server (to request access to the SFTP server, please fill out the Form to Request Access to SFTP Server).
A filer that does not have access to e-mail and/or the SFTP server may file by paper or by disc if:
- the filing is accompanied by a motion to deviate from the electronic filing rule; and
- if submitted on paper, the filing is typed in a font of at least 12 points and double-spaced on 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper.
Each document filed electronically must:
- be presented as a functional and searchable spreadsheet document, portable document file (PDF), or other electronic word processing document, as applicable;
- be type-written in 12-point font, double spaced, and in a format that, if printed, would require 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper;
- be identified by an electronic file name that includes the following information, which may be abbreviated, in the following order:
- docket number (if unknown, contact the PSC to obtain);
- Company name;
- identification of the type of document (for example, “Application,” “Confidential Rebuttal Testimony,” “Exhibit A,” “Motion for Summary Judgment,” etc.);
- date the document was filed with the PSC; and
- last name of the person providing the content of the filing.
Examples of How to Name Electronic Files:
Example 1. Docket No. 17-000-01, Application of Smith Gas and Electric (SGE) for Rate Increase
Type of File Name of File Application 17-000-01 SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf Testimony 17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Doe 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Exhibit 17-000-01 SGE Exhibit A-Doe Testimony-Financial Model 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
17-000-01 SGE Exhibit 1.2-Day Testimony-Curriculum Vitae 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
Example 2. Docket No. 17-000-02, Reply of Smith Gas and Electric (SGE)
Type of File Name of File Comments 17-000-02 SGE Reply Comments 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf Exhibit 17-000-02 SGE Exhibit A-Financial Charts and Graphs 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Larry Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Example 3. Confidential Documents v. Redacted (if a filing contains both confidential and redacted versions of the same document)
Type of File Name of File Application 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Application for Rate Increase 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Testimony 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Direct Testimony of Doe 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Direct Testimony of Day 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
Exhibit 17-000-01 Redacted SGE Exhibit A-Doe Testimony-Financial Model 1-1-2017 Williams.pdf
CONFIDENTIAL 17-000-01 SGE Exhibit 1.2-Day Testimony-Curriculum Vitae 1-1-2017 Williams.xlsx
Every filing, whether electronic or physical, must:
- be signed by an individual who has read the filing and believes that it is supported in fact and in law (electronic signature is permissible and there is no need to notarize the signature); and
- include a certificate of service:
- stating that a true and correct copy of the filing was served upon each of the parties;
- identifying the method of service (e-mail, mail, etc.); and
- identifying the date of service.
The Public Service Commission’s business days are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm mountain standard time, excluding holidays.
*Filers should email the “Request Access to SFTP Server” form to email@example.com to establish access to the SFTP server. Requests to access the PSC’s SFTP server take approximately 2 weeks to process.